The residential parking ban in Arlington remains in effect until further notice. This means there is no parking on all side streets and all on-street permitted spots until further notice from the Town of Arlington. Any car parked on these side streets is subject to ticketing and towing.
The parking ban has been lifted however, for some of the larger streets in town. As your insurance agent, we would like to remind you that risks of damages to your car can often be avoided when carefully choosing where you park your car. Consider these parking tips:
- Perform a “circle check” when returning to your car to immediately notice any damages that need to be addressed or noted before you leave
- Try to avoid parking under large icicles or snow which has accumulated upon an awning, overhang, tree limb, etc
- Try to avoid parking under large trees, especially in a big storm or high winds
- Fold in the rear view mirrors
- Choose your parking spot carefully and consider all obstructions to you and to others
- If you have the choice, park under the light of a street lamp and never leave valuables visible
- Be aware that high snow banks hinder your overall view, as well as that of oncoming traffic
With public safety in mind, and continued snow removal efforts under way, the parking meters have been suspended in all municipal lots. The Town of Arlington Snow Emergency/Parking Ban map identifies the streets for which the parking ban has been lifted.
In a community spirit effort, Arlington residents can help out. The Arlington Fire Department encourages all residents to “adopt a neighborhood fire hydrant” and shovel out fire hydrants near your property. Whenever possible, clear the catch basins particularly prior to any warming trend or predicted rain. After a storm, it is equally important for homeowners and business owners to keep public walkways clear.
Your Arlington Car Insurance can help with tips… but roadways throughout town are narrow, visibility is poor, potholes are emerging and conditions are unreliable. It is up to you to make wise choices in order to reduce risk. The time to find out that your car insurance coverage is incomplete is NOT after you have an insurance claim. Take a moment and review your car insurance policy.
We’re here to help. For a no cost, no obligation, review and comparison of your insurance please contact us.
Additional information regarding Arlington Snow Emergency information as well as updates and new releases of information can be found on the Town of Arlington website at http://www.arlingtonma.gov/